Thursday, April 30, 2015

Annisul pledges to work for welfare of city dwellers:Daily Sun

Awami League-backed candidate Annisul Huq was unofficially declared elected mayor of Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC). In the election held on Tuesday, Annisul secured 4,60,117 votes while his nearest rival BNP-backed contender Tabith Awal got 3,25,080 votes in all 1,093 centres. In an instant reaction, Annisul promised to work for the welfare and development of city dwellers. Talking to report
ers at his Nikunja office soon after the announcement of poll results, Annisul greeted the city dwellers and said this is a new chapter in his life. He promised to go ahead by using his previous experience. “Those who cast their votes for me and those who didn’t cast votes in favour of me are the same to me,” he said. He also said, “I will try my best to keep my promises in consultation with the people. Pray for me and cooperate with us.”

No comments:

Post a Comment